Natural home remedies have been on the rise for generations, where people do not like going for expensive options and options that could exhaust their resources. Few of the natural remedies have been remedies invented by our ancestors, which meet the safety requirements no doubt, but they do not subdue any problem immediately. Hence medicines are developed to treat the same.
On the other hand, herbal medicine is the use of medicinal plants to prevent and treat other diseases, ranging from traditional to popular medicines from every country to use. Herbal derived remedies need an immensely powerful and deep assessment of their qualities and need to be analyzed closely before using it on the body.
Are they effective?
Herbs are natural products, and their chemical composition varies a lot; they vary from person to person and bring out the analysis of various effects of the herb on the body. In every country, traditional medicines find an extraordinarily solid foundation to heal the people better than modern medicine but in a longer time. Home remedies will and were always the first option of a regular household, where they know the safety of the ingredients used and can experiment accordingly.
Below listed are some of the food home remedies which work for the common everyday life, without having to go to a doctor for simple everyday problems:
- Peppermint: Mint is one of the oldest used objects which has been used as a health remedy. It helps with irritable bowel and is said to help a lot with digestion as well. It proves useful for headaches as well. Most people directly chew on the left rest derive the qualities of it through mint pills.
- Honey: It might function as a natural sweetener, which might work well for a cough as well. It could be extremely useful for children who cannot take any pills; honey works wonders for those people. Making sure the honey is of excellent quality is important and should not be local.
- Turmeric: The turmeric outreach has been everywhere, offering help in conditions from arthritis to fatty livers. There is research yet to be done scientifically, but most of the effects speak for themselves. It cures ulcers as well as helps the skin rases from radiation. High doses of turmeric can cause many digestive problems. Hence it should be taken within limits.
- Ginger: For thousands of years, Asians have used turmeric to treat stomach-aches, nausea, and vomiting. It is found to prove useful for menstrual cramps too. But it necessarily does not work for everyone. Most people might get tummy trouble or gas because it could adversely counteract how the medication works. It is best advised to inform your doctor, use it with care and the right amount.
- Green tea: This drink helps keep you healthy awake, and alert. It is one of the healthiest and richest anti-oxidants sources that could protect the body cells from damage and help you fight unwanted diseases. It lowers the odds of having a heart attack and a certain type of cancer as well.
- Garlic: It is proved to lower the blood cholesterol level and blood pressure levels, but it has not been proven to be that efficient yet.
- Cinnamon: Is one of the things that help people control the blood sugar level in their body. Mostly with people who have diabetes or prediabetes. There is not much evidence of any problems caused by it. Cinnamon in a large amount could be bad for the liver and could cause a lot of digestive issues.
- Pomegranate: Juice with the fruit is very good for the heart and helps people suffering from low blood pressure.
- One of the most natural treatments for acidity is chewing on Basil leaves after a meal. It might work as an antacid but also helps the body adsorbs all the food eaten.
Other remedies that could help wonders:
- Hot bath: Bath could affect your muscles, bones, and tendons like arthritis, back pain, and joint pain. A warm water bath can help get the body circulation right and help it stretch and work on those areas.
- Ice pack: A bag of ice or a wet towel kept on a wound for 48 hours after the injury and can help ease the pain and swelling over and over again. Keeping it for too long and cause the skin to be red and inflamed.
- Petroleum jelly: The jelly keeps you moisturized and prevents chafing of any product. It helps the baby’s skin be protected from the diaper rash caused to the clashing of the diaper’s clashing and the baby’s skin.
In conclusion, these are some of the home remedies you would have to plan and stay consistent with, but it might take a few months to yield good noticeable result.